Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
1. About Us
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality upgradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. St. Xavier’s College, Jaipur primarily works towards delivering quality education and for preparing the institution for NAAC accreditation for the first cycle IQAC has been constituted. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institutions system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the academic and administrative performance of the institution. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution by channelizing the efforts and measures of the institution towards academic excellence.
1.2 Functions of IQAC
- Development and application of quality benchmarks /parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
1.3 Benefits of IQAC
- To heighten the level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
- To bring the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
- To provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- To act as a change agent in the institution.
- To improve the internal communication.
2. IQAC Committees
2.1 IQAC Committee Members
- Chairperson: Dr. Shiela Rai, Principal
- Coordinator IQAC – Mr. Yashwardhan Singh, Department of Economics
- Dr. Shikha Bakshi, Department of Management
- Dr. Nitasha Khatri, Department of Commerce
- Ms. Ranjit Kaur, Department of English
- Ms. Vaishali Singh, Department of Computer Science
- Administrative officers:
- Dr. Dharmveer Yadav, University Coordinator
- Ms. Vandana Java, Librarian
- Management Representative – Fr. Joshy Kuruvilla S.J., Vice Principal
- Prof. V.V. Singh, Educationist & Member, IQAC, University of Rajasthan
- Prof. Sudha Rai, Educationist and Former Dean, Faculty of Arts, University of Rajasthan
- Alumni Representative – Mr. Pallav Bhargava
- Fr. Varkey Perakkatt, S.J., Rector & Stakeholder
- Fr. Augustine Perumalil, S.J., Secretary, Higher Education, JXEA & Stakeholder
2.2 Steering Committee
In order to prepare for the NAAC accreditation, a steering committee has been formed. It will work with all the academic and administrative departments for the accumulation of data and report formation. The committee will submit its report to IQAC as and when required. The committee consists of the following members:
- Mr. Yashwardhan Singh – Coordinator, Department of Economics
- Dr. Shikha Bakshi – Member, Department of Management
- Dr. Nitasha Khatri – Member, Department of Commerce
- Ms. Ranjit Kaur – Member, Department of English
- Ms. Vaishali Singh – Member, Department of Computer Science
- Dr. Sapna Newar – Member, Department of Economics
- Dr. Leena Sharma – Member, Department of Management
- Dr. Atiqa Kelsy – Member, Department of English
2.3 Criteria Sub-committee
||Steering Committee Member
|I. Curricular Aspects
||(i) Dr. Nitasha Khatri
(ii) Dr. Atiqa Kelsy
|Ms. Poorvi Medatwal, Mr. Salim Khan, Ms. Arpita Banerjee
|II. Teaching – Learning and Evaluation
||(i) Dr. Leena Sharma
(ii) Mr. Yashwardhan Singh
(iii) Ms. Ranjit Kaur
| Mr. Sagar Goyal, Ms. Keren Daniel, Ms. Suja Koruth, Mr. Sanju Thomas, Mr. Ajay Dandotiya
|III. Research, Consultancy and Extension
||(i) Dr. Shikha Bakshi
(ii) Dr. Nitasha Khatri
|Dr. Sarita Pareek, Ms. Sapna Newar, Dr. Madhu Sharma
|IV. Infrastructure and Learning Resources
||(i) Ms. Vaishali Singh
(ii) Mr. Yashwardhan Singh
|Ms. Vandana Jawa, Mr. Rajeev Nokhwal, Ms. Suja Koruth, Mr. Sanju Thomas, Mr. Ajay Dandotiya
|V. Student Support and Progression
||(i) Ms. Ranjit Kaur
(ii) Dr. Sapna Newar
|Dr. Mahua Bose, Dr. Dharmveer Yadav, Ms. Ankita Rathore, Mr. Yashwardhan Singh
|VI. Governance, Leadership and Management
||(i) Dr. Sapna Newar
(ii) Ms. Vaishali Singh
|Dr. Rama Hirawat, Ms. Akansha Arora, Ms. Anjali Pareek, Dr. Meeta Sharma
|VII. Institution Values and Best Practices
||(i) Dr. Atiqa Kelsy
(ii) Dr. Shikha Bakshi
|Ms. Ruchi Sharma, Ms. Akansha Arora
3. Important Links
4. Minutes of IQAC
1. Minutes of the meeting of the Steering Committee for NAAC Accreditation held on May 09, 2018.
2. Minutes of the meeting of the Steering Committee for NAAC Accreditation held on May 11, 2018.
3. Minutes of the meeting of the Steering Committee for NAAC Accreditation held on May 15, 2018.
- 4. Minutes of the meeting of the Steering Committee for NAAC Accreditation held on May 09, 2018.
- 5. Minutes of the meeting of the Steering Committee for NAAC Accreditation held on May 09, 2018.
- 6. Minutes of the meeting of the Steering Committee for NAAC Accreditation held on May 09, 2018.
- 7. Minutes of the meeting of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) held on December 10, 2018.
NAAC Guidelines for Affiliated Colleges - RAF Guidelines